Hey mummy !
I’m Rachael and I’m here to teach you Pregnancy Yoga or Baby Massage (or both!)
I’m a mummy too, to my lovely, little Nell. I totally understand the immense highs and the scary lows of parenthood.
I have recently been campaigning to:
- Raise awareness about pre and postnatal depression.
- Celebrate the post-baby body by highlighting the variations of beauty.
How have I done this?
By creating a calendar - for the Pandas Foundation (Pre And PostNatal Depression Advice and Support) charity - of amazing women, with the help of an amazing team. Please take a look at Doncaster PANDAS (formerly Bodies Beyond Babies) to find out more!
I am passionate about early childhood education and supporting families. Having suffered a difficult pregnancy and birth, I worked tirelessly to produce a Nurture Movement for mummies, daddies and children. 'Skin to skin', 'love' and 'bonding' are incredibly important factors in my work, as well as being a Chief Ambassador for Blossom and Berry's Love Creates Love Campaign (blossomandberry.com).
Not only am I a baby massage and pregnancy yoga expert, I also a trained Early Years Professional, and also hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Education at Master's Level. Creative and with a love of singing, I am an advocate for imaginary play, having a BA (Hons) in Acting to thank for that - as well as Sir Paul McCartney, having trained at his Institute for Performing Arts in Liverpool (LIPA).
When I am not teaching, I am busy being the mum - and best friend - of my 2 year old daughter, Nell. My partner, Owen, completes the family unit.
- Expanding Love Creates Love under the nurturing wing of Gayle Berry (blossomandberry.com) and in partnership with Nikki Wall, Doncaster's Weleda Wellbeing Consultant.
- Providing mini massage therapies (hand and foot).
- Rachael will be striving to take mindfulness and meditation into schools or to older children, with her Massage Adventures Course and The Zen Den Counselling services for children and adolescents.
- Rachael is also writing a Baby Phonics book for parents and teachers - watch this space!
Finally a couple of pics of when I was teaching in China: